top of page

College Personal


Your education is valuable, and so is the personal property you have in your home and carry around campus! This comes with a lot of financial risk—what if your property gets damaged, stolen, or lost?


Fortunately, our college personal property insurance policy can cover your belongings while you are enrolled or employed* at a college/university, whether you are living on or off campus. We can insure your school supplies, such as laptops, printers, calculators, and other classroom materials, but we can also cover personal items, such as your cell phone, gaming consoles, sports equipment, clothing, jewelry, and more. This policy is applied at all times, anywhere you go.

*This policy is also available for faculty and staff!

Why should I get college personal property insurance?

This low-cost policy is a backup plan for everyday mishaps. For a college student, it may be difficult to replace an expensive loss—like a broken laptop or stolen calculator, for example—but a college personal property policy can protect you against those kinds of losses and more. This policy can give peace of mind to students while attending school and help them out in the event of personal property loss.

Not only can this policy benefit students, but it can also benefit parents.

If a student has a personal property policy, their parents won't have to make claims under their homeowners policy when something happens to their child's belongings. Additionally, typical homeowners policies can only cover up to $500 of property away from home. If you're a parent, have your child purchase this policy if you'd like to avoid higher premiums on your own policy and allow for more coverage on your child's belongings.

How much does college personal property insurance cost?

College personal property insurance can be as low as $72 per year. This is nothing compared to the cost of your belongings. Your smart phone, alone, probably costs about $600, your laptop costs at least $800, and your textbooks cost around $200. That’s already $1,600 for just a few of your everyday items.

Keep in mind that with Armor Insurance Professionals, you get to personalize your insurance policies to suit your needs and circumstances. As a brokering agency, we can compare prices from different companies for you at no cost. Need help deciding on the right amount of protection that fits in your budget? Get an online quote now or speak with a friendly agent to get started!

What does college personal property insurance cover?

You can customize your policy to include coverage that is most suitable and affordable for you. Here are some common types of coverage:


Accidental Damage

(Drops & Spills)

This policy covers any accidental damage to your property. This includes damage from dropping your phone and spilling liquids over your laptop, for example.

Theft & Burglary

If any of your belongings are stolen, we can cover these items.


In the event of a fire, if your property is destroyed, we'll cover the costs to repair/replace them.


We'll help cover the expenses in the event of a flood. Note that flood isn't typically covered in standard homeowner's insurance.


In the event of an earthquake, your property will be covered under this policy.


If anyone vandalizes your property, this policy can help you pay for the repairs or a replacement.

Electrical Damage

If you experience any electrical damage, you'll be covered. This includes damage from power surges.

Water Damage

This includes sudden accidental damage caused by burst pipes, faulty plumbing, frozen plumbing, flood, storms, overflow, etc.

Identity Theft

Expense Reimbursement

If you are a victim of identity theft, you may be reimbursed for any losses (e.g., when the thief uses your credit/debit card to make purchases).

bottom of page